Thursday 24 April 2008

Fine silver rings I made this week...

I wanted to show off these fine silver rings that I finished making this week. The ring on the far left also includes dichroic glass. I made the glass piece from several layers of bullseye fusing glass and dichroic glass. There are actually 2 layers of dichroic glass, so you get an array of colours including reds, pinks, oranges, blues, yellows, purples, greens. Unfortunately it's so difficult to capture a photo showing all these colours. The colours sparkle as the light hits it and can constantly be reflecting different colours. It will certainly draw peoples attention to it as the ring sparkles away.
I have made all 3 rings using silver art clay. This is also available as precious metal clay, or PMC. Silver art clay is tiny particles of real fine pure silver mixed an organic binder. I've got a Skutt kiln which I just love. I've got my own timed programme I use for firing silver clay which will burn off the organic binder leaving you with 99.9% fine silver (or .999 fine silver).
.925 Sterling silver is made up of 92.5% pure fine silver and 7.5% of other metals usually copper.
My own personal favorite ring is the middle one. I like the way the grooves are darker and stand out more. I've just listed all 3 rings in my Etsy shop. Click here if you would like to take a closer look.

2 comments:

Alison's Bakery said...

Anne, trying to contact you via e-mail, but your website seems to have disappeared, when you click on the link it goes straight to your Etsy page.

Chloe's Designs Jewellery Findings and Beads said...

Hi Alison,
Oh yeah - sorry about that. I'm trying to re-do my website so diverted it to my etsy shop for the time being. My email addy is anne@chloesdesigns.com.
It was lovely to meet you at the weekend. I did my jewellery party last night and had a brill time. My organisation wasn't the best, but I'll try improve on that for next time : - ) Need to spend some time on pc updating blog soon!!