Wednesday 14 May 2008

My First Jewellery Party Blast

I did my first ever jewellery party last week and had a fabulous time. My friend hosted the party at her house and I bought along all my jewellery & glassware pieces and set up everything on her table. The night was a great success, but there are definately areas where I can make improvements. My organisation wasn't the best and my sales log was very muddled, although I managed to sort it all out in the end. One of my friends suggested using a carbon copy receipt book to record sales in which I thought was a brilliant idea. Especially if people are browsing and looking to buy several items.
I also did a raffle, but again I wasn't very organised with that either. I had spent all week making new pieces to take with me, that I neglected to spend more time making sure I was better organised. I think everyone had a good night though. I got several requests to make custom pieces of jewellery which I've already made a start on. I've also had a couple more enquiries for jewellery parties. I had such a great time last week that I hope I get to do more.
I was at Bakewell, Derbyshire Craft & Collectors fair last weekend and will be there again this weekend. The craft fair is just off the main town in the Scouts building. Signs for the craft fair are put up in town on the day. I've had a table at Bakewell a few times now and really love this venue. There is also a great selection of other craft & collectors gifts on every week.
I hope to have finished my first few clip on earrings this week which I will take to the Bakewell Craft Fair this weekend.
Just a reminder that one of my necklaces are being auctioned online at the moment. All proceeds go to animal welfare & rehoming. Link to online auction: http://www.rykat.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=37864&st=0&#entry689304

4 comments:

Alison's Bakery said...

Great news on your successful jewellery party, Anne - see I told you you'd love it!!

Chloe's Designs Jewellery Findings and Beads said...

: - ) Thanks Alison... and thank you for your support & advise on the jewellery parties. Yeah - I really enjoyed myself. I sold a few glassware pieces too which I was really chuffed about. (Need to organise myself a little better tho!! lol)
Just off to load the kiln up now .. struggling to get started this morning!
Speak to you soon : - ))

Anonymous said...

Glad it was successful, your work is lovely x

Chloe's Designs Jewellery Findings and Beads said...

: - ) thank you true bloom