Friday 23 May 2008

Making chunky fine silver rings ...

I was really chuffed last week when I sold 2 of my adjustable silver rings at Bakewell craft fair in Derbyshire. I have heard alot of people saying they would like even bigger chunkier rings. I thought I had made a few that were pretty chunky, but I've just finished making the ring above which is definately my most chunkiest yet. It measures 4.3cm from the back of the ring to the front. I have embedded 7 different coloured gemstones in the ring to give it that extra sparkle. The whole ring is 99.9% fine silver with gemstones. The circular piece on the front is 2cm in diameter. This is probably the funkiest ring I've created so far and I am so thrilled at the way it turned out. If you have any comments good or bad about my latest ring, I would certainly love any feedback : - )

2 comments:

Alison's Bakery said...

Wow!! Anne that is certainly some serious bling!! No wonder you're chuffed to bits with it, it looks fab! Are you in Darley Dale on Monday? We're going out and about for the Derbyshire Open Arts and may pop in if we're passing.

Chloe's Designs Jewellery Findings and Beads said...

Hi Alison,

Unfortunately I'm not gonna be anywhere on Monday. Thought I'd have a day at home with the boyf. I'm at Bakewell craft fair tomorrow tho. I hope the rain stays away. I forgot about the open arts being on.. that has come around quick. I think it's well-dressing this weekend too!!

That's for your comments on my latest ring. hehe .. i keep calling it my bling bling ring!!

Have a fab weekend. Speak to you soon.