Cutting Pliers, Flat Nosed Pliers and Round Nosed Pliers.
1. Thread your chosen beads onto the headpin (Fig 1a).
2. Use your cutting pliers to trim away any excess headpin wire. You will need to leave approximately 1cm of wire to make a loop (Fig 1b).
3. Using your flat nosed pliers, bend the spare piece of wire to a right angle (Fig 1c).
4. With your round nosed pliers, hold the tip of the wire & rotate to form a loop (Fig 1d).
5. Attach the ear hook to your earring by opening the loop you have just made, or the loop on the ear hook. Remember to close your loop after attaching the ear hook. (Fig 1e).
Earring head pin & loop illustration. Fig 1a-e.