Wednesday 9 April 2008

Derbyshire Craft Fair, Matlock on Sun 4th May 2008

I will be having another table at the Derbyshire Craft Fair in Matlock in May. The fair is being held on Sunday 4th May at The Whitworth Centre in Darley Dale, Matlock. There will be a variety of crafts for sale. I am going to have my handmade jewellery and some glassware items on my table. If your in the area, please pop in and say hello. The organiser Paula had a craft fair at this venue in February which I also did. It was a fabulous day and attracted many visitors including the local newspaper.... (newspaper pic is on one of my blog posts below!!)
I'm also thinking about doing a jewellery party. I've been reading some write ups from people that have had jewellery parties and they seem to go down really well. I've just emailed some friends to ask for their feedback. I feel completely at ease hosting a party and showing off my jewellery, and talking about it, but not all that great getting a good crowd together to begin with. If anyone has any advise, I'd love to hear from you : - )

4 comments:

Alison's Bakery said...

Ooooh, thanks for the info about the Craft Fair, might have a drive out!

Jewellery Party - go for it! I've done a few now and love 'em. What can be better, you have a captive audience who want to be there to see your work and, hopefully, buy. I've had some successful parties with just a few people, so you don't have to have a big crowd.

Loving the earrings in the previous post too, I love dichroic.

Chloe's Designs Jewellery Findings and Beads said...

Hi,
Thanks for your comments & advise on the jewellery parties. A friend got in touch with me & was really interested. We're going to have one in May. I'm really excited about it. I was thinking of raffling off something too... I'm not sure how many people are coming yet. I really hope I can make it a success : - )

Unknown said...

Good luck!

Unknown said...

Alisons spot on, jewellery parties are great cause peoplemwon't come unless they like your work and i've always found them the best way to sell, plus people feel more relaxed and at ease to try things on