Friday 18 April 2008

I've just joined the Creative Glass Guild of Etsy

I was recently contacted by another seller on Etsy recommending the Creative Glass Guild of Etsy. (http://www.cgge.org/) I'd not heard of this website before and immediately went for a look. The seller that contacted me was FormFire Glassworks who has some absolutely stunning pieces of glass lampwork in their shop. (http://www.formfireglassworks.etsy.com/)
The cgge has promoted some lovely work on their website and feature additional information about Etsy sellers too. They also have their own forum covering many different issues. I immediately sent a request to become a member and have just received my membership confirmation this week which I am really thrilled about. I've discovered so many glass shops since joining the cgge. It's always amazing to come across so many different shops with glass, and each shop is unique and has their own feel, own style, and their own creation. That's exactly what I've been trying to do with my Etsy shop. I think that some of my jewellery pieces are a little bizairre... but hey, I guess it's still my very own creation and no-one else will have one!

Please take a moment to browse on the CGGE website. You will definately find lots of beautiful glass pieces on there & lots of interesting information.

Here's just a few pieces from my own Etsy shop. The stripey earrings were my first cool creation by accident. I made them with 1mm glass stringers, and Bullseye fusing glass. The plan was to make a small bowl, but something went wrong and I ended up breaking the glass into smaller pieces. I fired the smaller pieces again with some clear glass over the top, and they came out like little droplets. I thought they would make a lovely pair or earrings.

5 comments:

UniqueNurseGranny said...

Lovely work,Deserves admiiiration.

Over The Top Aprons said...

Your work is beautiful!Lovely blog!

Sheikasaurus Rex said...

The striped earrings are very pretty. Just goes to show that sometimes accidents are Great Ideas in disguise.

Congratulations on finding the CGGE street team, its so much fun having a group of creative people for support and networking.

The Nature Nut said...

I am so totally addicted to checking out all of the talented glass artists on Etsy. I've been wanting to get a treasury to show off some of the more amazing things I've found...but...well you know how hard it can be to get a treasury (*sigh*)

Chloe's Designs Jewellery Findings and Beads said...

Thanks so much for all your lovely comments. I definately know how hard it it to get a treasury... took me ages to get my first one. I usually check the treasury when it's totally full.. definately a timing thing!! lol