Wednesday 9 April 2008

Just made these glass earrings this week...

I just finished making these dichroic glass earrings this week and I am really pleased with them. I've called them 'Rainbow Twizzler Earrings' and just added them to my etsy shop.
They are made with 2mm black glass and some pretty coloured rainbow dichroic glass. The glass has been layered together and then fused in a kiln. I have left the dichroic glass exposed which gives it this lovely vibrant colourful effect. You can fuse clear glass over the top which would give you a really glossy finish, but I love this this particular dichro glass being exposed on it's own.
I've put them on sterling silver ear hooks and the bails are also sterling silver.
www.chloesdesigns.etsy.com

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are stunning. Excellent photo!

Chloe's Designs Jewellery Findings and Beads said...

thank you corinne. I think I had about 50 attempts at taking a good pic. I use my camera on macro setting, but am not very good at getting the lighting right. I photographed these earrings on some slate on the window ledge. I think it worked quite well when I finally got a good shot!