Monday 24 March 2008

My Latest Creations... Silver Rings

These are my latest handcrafted rings. I just finished making these yesterday. The one of the left is my favorite. I listed them in my Etsy shop last night and have been trying to think of some good names for them. They are .999 fine silver and made entirely by hand. The ring in the middle and on the right also includes some dichroic glass. I made the glass piece by cutting the dichroic glass to size. This was then fused in a kiln with clear glass over the top to give it a lovely sparkly finish. The glass piece has then been shaped and re-fired.
The rings are handmade using silver art clay. Firing the rings in a kiln burns off the organic binder in the silver clay leaving you with .999 real fine pure silver.
The ring on the left includes 5 lovely gemstones. I have used a mixture of colours which I thought resembled springtime. It was late last night that I thought of a cool name for this ring: Springtime Galaxy : - )
I've listed all 3 of these silver & glass rings in my Etsy shop.

4 comments:

UniqueNurseGranny said...

The rings are amazing.All three are lovely but the one on the right stood out to me.

Chloe's Designs Jewellery Findings and Beads said...

Hi, Thanks for your comments on my rings. I wasn't sure about the one on the right. I was trying to make some big funky looking rings...
I just love the one on the left. It's my favorite. I struggled to list it in my shop. I have been tempted to keep that one myself!!!

JLC Studio said...

These are absolutely gorgeous!! I'm off to check out your shop now!

Liz said...

your work is beautiful! I must heart your shop xoxo