Monday 14 January 2008

Welcome to Chloe's Designs

Hi,
This is my first blog ever and I hope there will be many more to follow!!
A couple of years ago I decided to set up an Ebay Shop selling my own artwork. This originally came about through my love of Volkswagen Camper vans and Beetles. A couple of years ago we drove our Camper van from Nottingham to Rome and along the way we got some great pictures. I wanted to jazz up my photos, so I learned how to use Corel Paint Shop Pro. I had hours of fun just re-creating the same photograph with different coloured camper vans. I began to experiment with different techniques and it wasn't long before I had a pretty cool collection of pictures. I also love attending the shows which is a great place for some awsome pics!
I set up my Ebay shop selling A4 and A3+ sized glossy posters. I use premium quality photo paper and you can really notice the difference compared to standard photo paper.
I was pretty chuffed when my posters started to sell.

I have recently began working with glass and am loving every minute of it. I bought a very small kiln to begin. This was working brilliantly and did about 4-8 glass pendants at a time. The only downfall was that the kiln did not have a temperature reading or control and therefore it was very difficult to get the annealing stage correct... which is very important!!
I have done alot of reading on glass, and once read that if glass is not annealed correctly, it could crack a week, a month, or even a year after it was made.
I had been doing some work with clay silver, so I didn't waste any time investing in a new Hotstart Pro Kiln which is alot bigger and a million times better than my first kiln. (I can fit around 40 or so pendants in my new kiln)
So far I have been making different glass pendants and earrings using Bullseye fusing glass and Dichroic glass. Dichroic glass was what originally got me interested in glass. I loved the way the glass sparkled different colours in the light.
I have also found a suppllier for sterling silver bails, so that my jewellery sets will be glass and all the findings and chains will be sterling silver.

I am working on several new things at the moment.. and even have some new glass bangles going in the kiln this afternoon. Another update coming soon....

No comments: