Tuesday 22 January 2008

Dichroic Glass Sterling Silver Adjustable Rings

I finished making my second Dichroic glass ring today. I bought the sterling silver adjustable ring blanks and made the Dichroic glass piece which has been glued on with high strength epoxy jewellers glue.
The rings are also hallmarked 925 silver. I like the way the rings wrap around the finger and adjust at the front. It took me a while to find a suitable ring blank. I bought 10 of these to begin with, so I have some more to make yet.
I have recently done some fire polishing with some pendants I made a while ago, and they have come up so shiny and sparkly. I read that fire polishing will improve the finish look, and it really does. I was really pleased after opening the kiln on my first fire polish and seeing loads of little dichroic glass pieces shining straight up at you : - )
I've had a couple of nice suprises when opening the kiln door. (I've also had a couple of bad suprises too!! lol) However.. when a piece has gone wrong or not as expected, I have sometimes been able to adapt it into another piece.. the results can be quite pleasing.
I have enquired into a couple more craft fairs in summertime. Will post venues & dates as soon as I have more info.

1 comment:

allis said...

your rings are very..... i absolutely LOVE them!
i was wondering where you found your sterling ring blanks? i work in cast resin and was wanting to try some chunky rings but can't find any ring backs that are 1) sterling and 2) adjustable like the ones you have...
Thanks!