Friday 18 January 2008

Brown & pink glass bangles

I've just finished my first brown & pink glass bangles which I am delighted with. The pink glass was a complete suprise for me. It's the first time I've bought this shade of pink bullseye glass and when it arrived it was a very pale transparent pink - not what I had expected. However, after firing, the glass turned an opaque dusky pink which I was really pleased with.
I was inspired to make brown bangles when I noticed I had some bright orange 1mm glass stringers. I thought that the orange and brown would look very retro together. I am going to list these bangles in my ebay shop, but am also going to be making some more to take to the craft fair in February. (Sunday 24th Feb '08 at the Whitworth Centre, Matlock. 10am-4pm)

I have 2 new bangles ready to shape. I have been trying out some new designs on these bangles, so will post a pic when they're done. In the meantime, I need to go and prepare some more things to put in the kiln this evening.

No comments: