Tuesday 25 May 2010

Mouse with cheese necklace...

Last year I made a sterling silver pin brooch for a very special present. I wanted to make a mouse and somehow attach a piece of cheese to him. I made the mouse & cheese from some small pieces of clay which I used as moulds to cast into sterling silver. I was really pleased with the result, but still not sure how to link the two pieces together.

My first idea was to hang the cheese from some chain, but I wasn't very keen on this idea. After pondering for a couple of days the idea struck me ... I would wrap the mouse's tail around the piece of cheese. It didn't take long to make the tail and solder all the pieces together. I have several silver mouse's lined up ready for my next piece of jewellery, but here is one of my necklaces I made in a similar style:

Handmade Sterling Silver Jewellery by Chloe's Designs

www.chloesdesigns.com

No comments: