Tuesday 24 March 2009

Back from my first craft fair of the year...

I've just finished doing my first craft fair of the year at Central Milton Keynes shopping centre. I arrived at the shopping centre last Wednesday evening to set up my jewellery & glassware stand which took several hours. The craft fair was on for 4 days and I really enjoyed myself. There was a good variety of stands to browse in the shopping centre and some really beautiful handmade gifts. Here's a picture of my stand just after setting up on the Wednesday...

I have been working on my display for some time now, and am alot happier with my lights. I bought a couple of 150 watt lights to hang over the back boards which worked very well. At about mid-day the sun would shine right onto my stand and that really did help make my dichroic glass jewellery sparkle : - )

I was so chuffed with all the lovely comments I received and was even more pleased when a couple of customers were wearing jewellery they had bought from me before. I sell my handmade glass pendants for £5.00 each or £9.99 on a sterling silver snake chain and they went down a treat.

I'm going to have a look for a few more craft fairs to do, but I am returning to Central Milton Keynes for their next Craft Fayre from the 3rd to the 6th September 2009. I have lots of ideas for some new jewellery pieces and am hoping to make my display look even better next time : - )

2 comments:

Matt said...

I think it looks great - really like it - especially the black cushioning (don't know the technical terms, lol) laid along the frontmost corner in the photo.

Nice shade of purple, too. :)

Chloe's Designs Jewellery Findings and Beads said...

Thank you ; - ) Have come home with lots of ideas to try and make it better for next time. Need to get making lots of new stuff too!