Saturday 3 August 2013

Handmade Sterling Silver Crocodile Necklace

I've been working on a new sterling silver crocodile necklace for a little while now. Every time I solder a bail onto the crocodile for a chain the pass through, the crocodile ends up flipping over, or hanging at a slant.

I first tried to solder a single bail onto the back of the silver crocodile, but the pendant simply flipped over each time. My second attempt was to attach 2 bails to the back of the crocodile and attach the chain to each bail. This worked well, but I wanted the pendant to be free moving on the chain and not part of the chain.

I think I have finally found a way that looks pretty and hangs the crocodile straight. Here's my latest crocodile necklace design. I have soldered half a jump ring onto the top of the crocodile and attached a small length of chain, so the crocodile now hangs straight : - )


No comments: