Tuesday 5 January 2010

Happy New Year from Chloe's Designs

I would like to wish everyone a very happy new year for 2010.

I have been dying to show off some of my handmade Christmas presents. I was expecially pleased with my dragonfly ornament and mouse pin brooch. I started the dragonfly last August and got him finished a few days before Christmas. I had to learn a few new techniques to make the dragonfly, but it was all good practise.

I made his body and tail section from solid sterling silver and made his wings using dichroic glass and sterling silver. I think this is probably my best piece I've made so far, and am really chuffed how it turned out...




I made my mouse pin brooch also from solid sterling silver. At first I made the mouse & the piece of cheese, but couldn't decide how to link them together. I sat watching the telly for many nights re-arranging the mouse & cheese to come up with a new idea. Then I thought about wrapping the mouse's tail around the cheese and really liked that idea....

No comments: